Air Duct Cleaning in Dallas
Just as dust accumulates in your house, dust and debris can accumulate in your home’s air ducts. Periodic air duct cleaning in Dallas can eliminate the dust and debris from inside the air ducts to ensure that none of that dust ends up in your home.
AC Duct Cleaning in Dallas
You should have your HVAC system inspected and serviced every year. Many experts suggest you have your Heating and Air Conditioning system serviced twice a year, at the beginning of the AC season and at the beginning of the heating season.
While your HVAC service person is servicing the furnace or the AC unit, ask them to inspect the AC ductwork. Ask them to determine if there is an unhealthy accumulation of dust and debris.
If your service professional suggests you have the AC duct cleaned in Dallas, it is probably a good idea to follow through with that service.
AC Duct Cleaning in Dallas will usually involve several steps:
- The specialist will cover all furniture and carpet in the home with tarps or plastic.
- He or she will tape off all the vents, to create a negative pressure system.
- The technician will remove the register at the furthest distance from the AC unit and hook up the vacuum.
- She or he will vacuum the [%CITY %] air ducts. During the vacuuming additional technicians will ‘scrub’ the inside of the ducts with a special rotating brush to loosen any debris.
- When the vacuuming is finished, they will open up the registers and clean them.
- The Dallas service person will inspect and clean the furnace and AC units, cleaning the coils, and change the filters.
- Finally, the service professionals will remove the tarps or plastic.
- Your Air Duct Cleaning in Dallas is now complete!
Some AC Duct cleaning contractors in Dallas will also offer a chemical cleanse, purported to prevent and resist mold and further dust and debris build up.
Dryer Vent Cleaning in Dallas
Dallas Dryer vent cleaning is one of the most important safety tasks you can do as a homeowner. Each year more than 15,000 fires are started in lint filled dryer vents; three thousand homes are lost due to dryer vent fires.
Dryer vent cleaning in Dallas should be done at least yearly. Consider making it a tradition, like changing the smoke alarm batteries on Halloween. (Doesn’t every Dallas family do that, or is it just us?)
Large families, or those that do lots of laundry, should plan to clean the dryer vents more often. Pet hair can also increase the lint build up, so if your fur babies leave traces on your clothes, clean the dryer vents more than once a year.
Yes, the lint filter on your dryer catches a lot of lint, but it does not catch it all.
The first sign that it is time to clean the dryer vent is that the dryer isn’t drying as well or as fast as it previously did. If it is taking two or three cycles to dry a load of clothes, your dryer vent cleaning is overdue.
Proper dryer vent cleaning requires a special dryer vent cleaning brush with a flexible rod. Contact a Dallas, TX, Dryer Vent Cleaning professional to complete the annual dryer vent cleaning.